Quantity Surveyor / Project Cost Controller / Commercial Manager
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor / Project Cost Controller / Commercial Manager with a background in civil construction and/or engineering. If you are a positive, people-oriented individual who is looking for a permanent, full-time position with opportunities for advancement then this job is the right one for you! This position will be based out of Cranbrook or East Kootenay’s.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in preparation of Change Order and Engineering Value.
- Track project budget, against cost-to-date and cost-to-complete.
- Review the development schedule and develop cash flow projections.
- Assist in the management of project WBS codes and budget production.
- Preparing and analyzing deviation reports between the tender phase and IFC.
- Management of project-level purchase orders, deliveries, invoices, and billing.
- Analyze outcomes and write detailed construction progress reports.
- Assist in the review of project documentation, and subcontract review.
- Production of monthly commercial contract review.
- Collaborate to determine the terms of the contract that affects the type, quantity, and format of the information required from subcontractors, in order to successfully deliver the works within budget and schedule.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in civil construction in general, with a focus on highways, bridges, mining, and special structures.
- Previous Highway Infrastructure/Mining/Heavy Civil/Civil Infrastructure experience is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill level
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or quantity surveying is preferred
- Familiar with CCDC, MMCD, and BCMoTI contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands. With attention to detail.
At MACKAY Contracting, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We understand the challenges of recruiting and retaining strong talent. We are committed to developing, recognizing, and retaining talented employees. We offer a fun, respectful and supportive multi-cultural working environment. Our steadily growing team is hardworking, personable, and supportive about delivering highly rated quality results, with a high level of integrity while providing a cost-effective solution for our clients.
Apply for the Quantity Surveyor / Project Cost Controller / Commercial Manager position.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you in a timely manner.