Heavy Equipment Operator
MacKay Contracting is a progressive and well-established Heavy Civil Construction and Mining Services Company. We operate throughout Western Canada on a wide variety of projects. We take pride in valuing our employees and offer competitive wages and benefit packages. We are currently looking for Heavy Equipment Operators to join our team in Sparwood BC for a long-term contract.
- This role will be based out of our clients mine site in Sparwood, BC.
- Experienced applicants residing in the surrounding areas will be given preference due to the location of this project.
- Operate 14/7 days rotational shift of 10-12-hour with overtime paid after 8 hours.
- There are Camp based accommodations provided for non-local candidates.
- In unique circumstances, we may be able to provide Living Out Accommodation
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, as well as provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring the highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Work within a team to effectively and safely operates multiple pieces of equipment such as Excavators, Loader, Dozer, Grader, and Haul Truck.
- Ability to operate in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel, and labourers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs minor maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication within your skillset.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and can identify these through conducting a field-level pre-job hazard analysis, checking for hazards, and assessing any tasks.
- Willing to work flexible hours and shifts.
- Adhere to all MacKay safety practices and policies.
- Operate equipment while maintaining proper awareness of surroundings.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Mining or Civil Construction.
- Knowledge of construction layout/staking.
- Knowledge of operating 3D machine control is considered an asset
- Must possess a valid form of government-issued photo identification.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective verbal communication and active listening skills are essential.
- Ability to take and follow instructions while operating safely.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
At MACKAY Contracting, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We understand the challenges of recruiting and retaining strong talent. We are committed to developing, recognizing, and retaining talented employees. We offer a fun, respectful and supportive multi-cultural working environment. Our steadily growing team is hardworking, personable, and supportive about delivering highly rated quality results, with a high level of integrity while providing a cost-effective solution for our clients.
Apply for the Heavy Equipment Operator position.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you in a timely manner.