We are seeking an experienced Civil Project Coordinator with a background in civil construction and/or engineering who is looking to jump-start their career in the civil construction industry. If you are a positive, people-oriented individual who is looking for a permanent, full-time position with opportunities for advancement then this job is the right one for you! This candidate would be based out of Cranbrook or the east Kootenay’s.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate project activities and develop project schedules;
- Perform quality control assessments and project inspections; Sets-up and operates Topcon survey and GPS equipment; direct and conduct a broad range of field measurements for construction purposes.
- Provides project pre-construction layout and post-construction asbuilts.
- Verifies quality and accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations, and coordinates findings with construction site management.
- Production and work in accordance with project ITP
- Provide information and produce RFI’s, NCR’s and Change Management.
- Assist Project Superintendent with crew supervision.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Successfully completed or working towards their technical diploma or degree in civil engineering;
- Two (2) years proven survey equipment experience with a general contracting business is preferred
- Be willing to work on project locations in South East BC.
- Natural ability to solve problems, communicate clearly and effectively ;
- Enjoy working outdoors in a fast paced and challenging environment;
- Valid Canadian driver’s license, with a clean driving abstract;
- Physically capable of walking on uneven terrain, climbing slopes, and carrying 20 kilograms;
At MACKAY Contracting, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We understand the challenges of recruiting and retaining strong talent. We are committed to developing, recognizing, and retaining talented employees. We offer a fun, respectful and supportive multi-cultural working environment. Our steadily growing team is hardworking, personable, and supportive about delivering highly rated quality results, with a high level of integrity while providing a cost-effective solution for our clients.
Apply for the Project Coordinator position.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you in a timely manner.